Summer is well and truly here and we have 2 more months of it!
I have been working all the way through December including the Christmas break and hadn’t really celebrated summer yet until yesterday.
Yesterday I cycled to the beach and went for a swim. Seriously, the cool water made me feel so good after having worked up a sweat on my 30 minute bike ride in 30 degrees Celsius. The inner child in me was well and truly awakened in the rough surf. I might have expressed myself quite loudly in the water with screams and giggles splashing around in the waves. It was so fun.
I thought I do a post about the 10 things I love about summer.
1. Cycling to the beach – Rewarded with a cool down in the ocean.
2. Cycling in light clothing – Get the dresses & sandals out.
3. Daylight for longer – This means I can ride home after work and the sun is still shining. It’s nice to see the world after a day in the office.
4. Getting lots of vitamin D – Sun kissed hair, bronze skin & strong nails for me, what’s not to love?
5. Iced Coffee – I’m really into iced coffee at the moment..
6. Summer fruits – Pineapples, mangoes, cherries, berries NOM! Perfect produce to make delicious smoothies.
7. Easier to get out of bed – no trouble getting out of bed on a nice summer day.
8. Spending time on my rooftop – Breakfasts, lunches, dinners & drinks are getting carried upstairs to enjoy the warm weather on any occassion.
9. More cyclists around – summer seems to make people want to get onto the bike.
10. Summer cycles – Going for long bike rides. The nice weather makes me want to spend more time outside and discover new places.
What are your favourite things about summer?